Could this be a bad transmission pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 419323
So transmission fluid is burnt, she also only drives in 1 2 & 3, in drive it acts like neutral
Well, you can't hurt the transmission any more than that, until it comes to a stop. Save your towing cost..... Make an appointment at a good transmission shop and drive there while you still can.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 419323
So transmission fluid is burnt, she also only drives in 1 2 & 3, in drive it acts like neutral
Sucks, man....Time to yank it for overhaul....check input sprag, it may have rolled over which results in a loss of forward movement in DRIVE. D3-Manual low will work due to coast clutches and, in man low - low reverse clutches/low roller active.

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
Well, you can't hurt the transmission any more than that, until it comes to a stop. Save your towing cost..... Make an appointment at a good transmission shop and drive there while you still can.
I agree with you but I don't have any money for an appointment or shop, right now I do have a ride figured out to work, thankfully I live close but I'm going to have to save up and then take her in

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you but I don't have any money for an appointment or shop, right now I do have a ride figured out to work, thankfully I live close but I'm going to have to save up and then take her in
Yea... save your dollars then fix it. Hang in there..... Once you fix it, or replace it, ..it will be good for a LONG time !

OP
OP
T

triker97

Reaction score
Yea... save your dollars then fix it. Hang in there..... Once you fix it, or replace it, ..it will be good for a LONG time !
It looks like right now I might be waiting on income tax and then I'm going to be doing the lifters also, which I got to get more knowledge on what all I'm going to have to replace on that also I know if the lifters are worn I gotta check the cam, but I gotta do a lot more research first. Are there any overhaul kits that I should stay away from or anything that I should be looking for specifically to get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar