Corvette Servo on Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PNWMuseumman

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
Just got a quote to do this from a shop I've worked with before for $361.00 out the door...

That seems awfully high. I may just have to take a stab at this myself!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Just got a quote to do this from a shop I've worked with before for $361.00 out the door...

That seems awfully high. I may just have to take a stab at this myself!

I did mine in my driveway when it was empty while I did the fluid and filter change. Added an hour(ish) and a little shoulder pain to the job was all.

1. Be careful not to pinch the o rings.
2. Be ready to call that snap ring a few names (parental advisory).

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't kidding! That is a phenomenal write up on how to do it!

Thank you!
Good write up but note a few things, he is doing it on a pickup not a SUV. Not sure on the Denali but on my Tahoe the pin won't come out it hits the floor board. If it was about 3/8 shorter would be fine. So I had to bend the heat shield and pound the floor board with a hammer and punch to get the clearance to get it out. That was easy and fun lying on my back with no room and limited visibility.
2nd most important thing that he does not emphasize enough the last step. Getting the metal ring in properly on the servo cover. You know what happens if you don't? The cover blows off cracking the case of the transmission and you get to go buy a new transmission + core charge. Keep in mind you cannot see the entire ring seated only a portion of it. You need a mirror or something to ensure it is seated.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
So this is works fine on all trucks including AWD, 2WD and Selectable? Does this extend the life of the transmission even if you don't tow? I feel like the transmission and its controller or whatever is controlling the downshifts and when the tranny chooses to shift is the culprit for all the weird shifts I see daily when driving the truck. It just feels like the tranny doesn't downshift when it is supposed to and then when it does downshift it goes too far down, blah blah....I just feel like the stock GM program for the tranny is JUNK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts