Corvette LS swapped tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smashleytulsa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I had a 2007 z51 Corvette that was a beast and I wrecked it before I got full coverage in bad weather and so now I'm parting it out but we just acquired two 2012 Tahoe ppv that we will be picking up tomorrow and was wondering how hard it would be to do the swap. I know the motors swap right in but would i have to just take it and get a complete tune on it or is there any of the computer from the corvette that I can use on the Tahoe so I don't have to go have a Dyno tune, trying to keep the brain of the motor with the engine if possible

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to do a complete custom tune unless the ecm will work but I am not sure about that.

Remember swapping an engine with a radical cam from a 3300 lb sports car to a 5200 lb SUV it may not be as drivable.....

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to do a complete custom tune unless the ecm will work but I am not sure about that.

Remember swapping an engine with a radical cam from a 3300 lb sports car to a 5200 lb SUV it may not be as drivable.....
Stock cam in that corvette is not what I would call radical. There is some small tradeoff of low end torque for hp, but I'd imagine you wouldnt notice that. Should save 100 lbs off the front end too going from iron to alum block.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I had a 2007 z51 Corvette that was a beast and I wrecked it before I got full coverage in bad weather and so now I'm parting it out but we just acquired two 2012 Tahoe ppv that we will be picking up tomorrow and was wondering how hard it would be to do the swap. I know the motors swap right in but would i have to just take it and get a complete tune on it or is there any of the computer from the corvette that I can use on the Tahoe so I don't have to go have a Dyno tune, trying to keep the brain of the motor with the engine if possible
should work

might need a 6.0l intake from a hybrid not sure if the 5.3 or 6.2 will install to the 6.0L LS (if you plan to use the stock air box)

also suggest a transmission cooler

more power = more heat

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

it has enough power to get it going i expect the performance to be close to the 6.0l tahoe hybrid and you will only get 12.85 MPG.. that is how much you get if you run it in performance mode or M4 it has a 10.8:1 which is pretty close to the corvette 10.9:1 ratio..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure both motors use completely different computers so you'll want BlackBear for example to send you an LS2 tune for the PPVs ECM to get her running. Then you can datalog and have him send over an updated tune file.

Should be fun.