Corvette Emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just removed my airbag and replaced my old dented Chevy emblem with a Corvette emblem I got on ebay. $50 bucks for a tiny piece of stamped aluminum, but you can't buy them anywhere except from some guy on ebay who got them from who knows where. But let me tell you, taking the airbag out is the most nerve racking thing I have ever done in my time working on cars. Like working on a bomb. You have to take the actual airbag completly out. Anyway here is the pic. Stole the idea from Conor. Looks pretty sweet.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 104

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like it. I wish they'd make one that said TAHOE or one with the Z71 logo.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
ummm .... I got mine for free and was able to pry the old one off from the front and simply hot glued the corvette emblem on ....... looks perfect and didn't have to mess with a dangerous airbag

OP
OP
Punisher66

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why a corvette logo?

Looks better than a gold chevy emblem.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

ummm .... I got mine for free and was able to pry the old one off from the front and simply hot glued the corvette emblem on ....... looks perfect and didn't have to mess with a dangerous airbag

Whats the fun in that. Not mention there is a reason it is attached from the inside with these little clips, it's so when the airbag deploys the emblem doesn't come flying off and get inbedded into your face.

Last edited:

THOR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone making an overlay or anything? Just curious. I too would love to get rid of the Gold Bow Tie.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats so unnerving about the airbag? disconnect the battery and unplug it. then they all pretty much come out the same way. as long as i doesnt get electrical current, its gonna be ok....

ok i confess...the last one I took out i stood off to the side while i turned the car on afterwords haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia