Corsa catback 6.2 Yukon XL AT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Mine arrives today...pumped. Some quality time under a 7000lbs truck on jackstands.

What's interesting, if you look at the GM Performance Cat-Back #84888292, looks VERY similar to a rebranded Corsa. Spidey sense says it is.
Good luck with your install! I’m 99% sure the GM performance exhaust is a rebranded Borla, but certainly could be mistaken.

When the dealer tech installed my Corsa, he said he had to remove the lower control arm temporarily and drop the spare tire. @Fast_AT4 can probably confirm if he needed to.

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Good luck with your install! I’m 99% sure the GM performance exhaust is a rebranded Borla, but certainly could be mistaken.

When the dealer tech installed my Corsa, he said he had to remove the lower control arm temporarily and drop the spare tire. @Fast_AT4 can probably confirm if he needed to.
Yep, I believe the Borla one is #19433763, the parts description even mentions Borla. I was referring to the other 6.2L GM exhaust, #84888292.

cn27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the corsa on my denali as well. Love it but it could be a bit louder.

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes needed. But can do it without lifting or any other tasks.

Edit: Thanks for reminding me...need to put my spare back on.

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Yes needed. But can do it without lifting or any other tasks.

Edit: Thanks for reminding me...need to put my spare back on.
Well... I did the install this past Friday, no stands or ramps. It was tight on the side, especially trying to lift the muffler drum section into place, it slipped once, busted my lower lip... install battle wound. Were you able to torque to spec the clamp on the connection point above the rear suspension cross member? I wasn't able to get an angle torque it down so hand cranked down tight.

Did about 40 miles of driving, it's still burning off the oil residue (burning smell is strong) so I'm a bit paranoid about leaks.

I also noticed the rear tips do not align dead center in the rear facia cutouts, each side sits closer to the outside of the cutoff with a larger gap on the inside of each tip section. I'm guessing others are seeing this?

Sounds amazing... very pleased. Still waiting on the wheels to come in but in the meantime getting alot of looks doublechecking the sound coming from a vanilla looking soccer mom'ish Suburban.

AliBaba

Reaction score
I’m confused about the exhaust and hoping someone can iron this out for me. I have not changed the exhaust on a vehicle in over 15 years so a little out of the game.

Does Corsa make their own exhaust or do they resell?
If i look on Corsa’s website they are much cheaper than buying from GM? Same kit?
If the Corsa kit is just Borla why are they cheaper?
GM site $2495
Borla Site $2036
Corsa Site $1669.

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m confused about the exhaust and hoping someone can iron this out for me. I have not changed the exhaust on a vehicle in over 15 years so a little out of the game.

If i look on Corsa’s website they are much cheaper than buying from GM? Same kit?
GM site $2495
Borla Site $2036
Corsa Site $1669.
I think (and I might be wrong):

GM / Borla same exhaust
Corsa is different than Borla

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GM site $2495
Borla Site $2036
Corsa Site $1669.

I think (and I might be wrong):

GM / Borla same exhaust
Corsa is different than Borla

It is my understanding that Corsa exhausts are also made to order, meaning they don't have exhaust kits just sitting on the shelf collecting dust until they sell. When you place your order then they make the exhaust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues