Corroded Rear AC Lines 2021 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I had my 2021 Yukon XL SLT in for a rear seatbelt replacement due to holes in the webbing. I dropped the truck off Friday morning, picked it up Friday night (after the shop had closed) and found my AC wasn't working. This truck has 36,700 miles on it and I've had it for 2 years and 2 months.

Brought the truck back in on Monday first thing. The first thing the guy says is, it's out of warranty (by 700 miles!). They take the truck and diagnose a leak in the rear AC coolant lines due to corrosion. Blames it on my dirt road and having mud caked on the lines. They're working with me on the price to replace the lines (originally quoted me $2400, now saying around $700), but I still think that this should fall under warranty or might have been cause by the total removal of my rear seat, interior paneling, etc. when fixing the belt.

Parts are back ordered until sometime in August, until then I have no AC:( Anyone have a similiar experience? Should an AC line corrode in under 3 years? How do I go about requesting a warranty coverage when the dealership states they can't help me with it?

Thanks!

2021 Yukon XL XLT
Rear heater lines are easy enough to fix. Here's mine at 12 years and it has been 2 years since:

20210729_161043.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts