Cooper discoverer ATP2 (on 18’s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We stepped down from the oem 20’s right off the bat. The mrc coupled with the continentals just were terrible anywhere but a smooth freeway at 80.

So I found a silverado or Tahoe 18 inch wheel with 275/65/18’s on them. Oem takeoffs.

Those tires are about dead so I was trying to find some thing that was snow friendly and daily friendly… and camping friendly.

The Cooper discoverer atp is a “Americas tire” only brand. I don’t like that it’s not “3 mountain snowflake” rated but when I asked Cooper about the tire they said it’s the same carcass and rubber compound as the at3-4s which is 3 mountain snowflake rated. But just a more all terrain tread pattern.

275/65/18 in an SL rating on a 15i Yukon xl.

We don’t tow so I wasn’t too worried about the load rating. The last tires were E rated and just way too stiff.

Anyone familiar with these tires in the snow? Did they do well in slush and ice? That’s going to be my only concern? The Tahoe crud on the roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14