Converting from awd to 2wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched quickly on an Escalade forum and they all seem like cry babies when asked this question with zero help. Has anyone ever converted their awd truck to 2wd? Mechanically I know it’s a simple trans and driveshaft swap but I’m more curious about the electronics aspect of it

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
@01ssreda4 did the conversion on a NBS Denali.

The NBS Awd platform does not have any electronics but not sure about the NNBS platform

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I searched quickly on an Escalade forum and they all seem like cry babies when asked this question with zero help. Has anyone ever converted their awd truck to 2wd? Mechanically I know it’s a simple trans and driveshaft swap but I’m more curious about the electronics aspect of it
it should be a lot easier than trying to go awd from 2wd
you would need at least the output shaft, drive line. maybe front hubs.
electronics wise it may give some errors unless the tcm is re-programmed, maybe some other stuff
electronics wise I think the main issue would be if the front wheel isn't moving and the rear is spinning it's going to go coocoo because it's used to a 60/40 split

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw that the tcase has an output speed sensor. Not sure if there’s a similar part on the 2wd trans but all I could find was one for AWD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo