Console “downgrade”..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps. So I want to “downgrade” my console to the non-Denali version. Basically the non-Denali version has a more usably-shaped bin for me, plus it doesn’t have those covers that I never ever ever ever close, which = wasted space.

My issue is not of fitment or color or electrics matching up; I’m good on that. My issue is that the grain of the leather doesn’t match my truck (might be hard to tell in the pic, but painfully obvious in person). I bought one off eBay that was supposedly from an LTZ which I figured was the same grain of leather, but I was mistaken. I was able to return it for a full refund as I hadn’t installed it.

So the question - can anyone confirm that the LTZ leather or any other non-Denali leather matches the Denali leather grain? Theory being maybe the one I bought was mislabeled in the listing?

Thanks

6DE9268B-07DB-4D2B-9624-7A48564AEC01.jpeg

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. It might be a year to year change in the leather-like material. But I agree with you, the non Denali console looks more functional.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps. So I want to “downgrade” my console to the non-Denali version.

See if you can get your hands on a crash estimating guide for your generation, Motor or Mitchell. All the options should be listed in there. You could also download the brochures and compare colors and textures.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recall others mentioning differences in the leather used between Chevy, GMC and Cadillac....each having a slight texture difference

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even realize there were different consoles for non Denali versions. I'm with ya man; The lids are pointless, mine are always left open, and I would also prefer that "downgraded" console as well. I'll be following this and see if I can do my own digging and find a leather that matches.

Keep us posted on what you come up with or are able to find.

OP
OP
Pivot

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CMoore711 sounds good - I'll do some digging and maybe some ebay trial and error and let you guys know what I find.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you simply remove the covers on your existing console?

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any pictures to confirm but I would swear that my 2016 Tahoe LTZ and my 2019 Denali had the SAME console style. i.e. Both consoles came with the lids....

Is it possible that the console in the above pic is from a Tahoe LT?

OP
OP
Pivot

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any pictures to confirm but I would swear that my 2016 Tahoe LTZ and my 2019 Denali had the SAME console style. i.e. Both consoles came with the lids....

Is it possible that the console in the above pic is from a Tahoe LT?
Correct yes the LTZ and Denali share the same console. Figured maybe this one had been requested that way. Quite possibly from an LT and mislabeled. Continuing the search..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods