Condenser Suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
It's getting warmer here where I live and found out that my condenser is leaking where the receiver dryer is connected.
Some shops are quoting me anywhere from 1000 to 1400 for parts and labor. A lot of suppliers are running low on condensers as this seems to be common part that leaks.

I'm looking to buy a good quality condenser. What is suggested to buy?

2015 Tahoe LTZ 5.3

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any extended warranty on the vehicle

Call GM Customer Service [866 522 9559] as they just might cover it. They covered mine about a month ago. Plead for mercy since this was a well known issue in the 2015-2017 models. Mine went belly up at 80K miles

I leave my a/c system constantly on so if there is a issue I will know it immediately. I just set it and forget it. I do that on every vehicle I own.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
Call GM Customer Service [866 522 9559] as they just might cover it. They covered mine about a month ago. Plead for mercy since this was a well known issue in the 2015-2017 models. Mine went belly up at 80K miles

I leave my a/c system constantly on so if there is a issue I will know it immediately. I just set it and forget it. I do that on every vehicle I own.
I'll try. I just bought the vehicle in February and declined any of the extended warranty when offered. Vehicle has 131K miles.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Watch out, if you go back to the same dealer and you ask for help they may throw the extended warranty turn down back in your face. Just be prepared.

You may have to commit to the extended warranty before they give you any relief on the condenser problem.

If you have to pay try and find a recommended shop that hopefully will let you supply parts and save you some money.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a shop that I can supply my own condenser. I see some supplier are out of stock.
My question, should I buy ACDelco? Im hesitant since the original failed

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can bet that since the condenser is a problem and they have been covering some of them, that the new ones are an updated better model. I would not hesitate to order one from Rock Auto, the link I sent you. The key is finding the shop that will allow you to supply the part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645