Complimentary scheduled maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2018 Tahoe a while back and would like to get some feedback on the 2 complimentary scheduled maintenance that come with the vehicle. I have always done all my maintenance on my cars for last 30 years. I usually only take the car in if it’s a warranty repair. I am thinking of having them do the oil changes for the 2 times because why not. I would like to get feedback on anyone who has used theirs. Good/bad experiences. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Now would be the time to have an indie shop pull any/all codes from the truck and have the dealer address matters that may go overlooked while under warranty.

I know on our truck (08 Denali XL) when we took it in for a complimentary oil change + 100k service + free safety inspection, they found $4k worth off issues separate of the 100k service in 2014. After they did a great job repairing the big ticket items under warranty, they never looked for anything else again.

Ultimately, the owner dictates the resale value based on maint service records and persistency. Take the comp’s.

Joe E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2018 Tahoe a while back and would like to get some feedback on the 2 complimentary scheduled maintenance that come with the vehicle. I have always done all my maintenance on my cars for last 30 years. I usually only take the car in if it’s a warranty repair. I am thinking of having them do the oil changes for the 2 times because why not. I would like to get feedback on anyone who has used theirs. Good/bad experiences. Thanks in advance.

Just did my second one and they wanted to replace my cabin filter. Told me it was dirty but i said no thanks. The oil change was otherwise fine.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They wanted to rotate my wheels, I told them no because I don't trust them to not scratch my black wheels and black lug nuts. Took it to a pro wheel shop and paid for rotation instead. Other than that, I let them do everything else and it was fine.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They wanted to rotate my wheels, I told them no because I don't trust them to not scratch my black wheels and black lug nuts. Took it to a pro wheel shop and paid for rotation instead. Other than that, I let them do everything else and it was fine.
First rotation the dealer scratched the clear finish on my wheels when balancing. When mentioned they really didn't care.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you know how to reset the oil life monitor?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know how to reset the oil life monitor?
On the dic, from the steering wheel scroll to oil life then press and hold check mark for a few seconds and it will reset to 100

Or put truck in accessory by pressing/holding the start button , no brake, and push gas pedal 3x rapid succession

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or put truck in accessory by pressing/holding the start button , no brake, and push gas pedal 3x rapid succession

My 16 Tahoe will not reset the OLM that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham