Complete Lighting/LED List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shakin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All the white is 5k and me dash is 6k

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

strykerG8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
put LEDs behind the dashboard and in the doors today. bought them on ebay. 10 LEDs for 2 bucks shipped from hong kong. dash looks alright, doors look better. still waiting on my other shipments though.
183139_873631763005_22400297_47053107_1064933_n.jpg

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lotsa hotspots there. I've been reading some other threads on fullsizechevy and think I'm going to go with superbrightleds HP5 model. It's the high power surface mount type LEDs and has a forward facing LED as well as 4 radial ones to shine outwards. Pix with those show very uniform lighting.

strykerG8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lotsa hotspots there. I've been reading some other threads on fullsizechevy and think I'm going to go with superbrightleds HP5 model. It's the high power surface mount type LEDs and has a forward facing LED as well as 4 radial ones to shine outwards. Pix with those show very uniform lighting.

yeah these are all forward facing. they work great in the doors. i'll see if i can find a deal on some SMDs.

rdhenderson

Reaction score
So I have replaced 95% of the interior lights to LEDs. However, I have something strange happening. When I went to replace the lights for the instrument panel indicators the 2 bulbs for the ABS and the Airbag appeared to be a bit different from the others. They had a twist lock base but the bulbs were not removeable. So I purchased 2 new twist lock bases and put some LEDs in there. Now the ABS and Airbag indicator lights constantly stay lit. Any thoughts?

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have replaced 95% of the interior lights to LEDs. However, I have something strange happening. When I went to replace the lights for the instrument panel indicators the 2 bulbs for the ABS and the Airbag appeared to be a bit different from the others. They had a twist lock base but the bulbs were not removeable. So I purchased 2 new twist lock bases and put some LEDs in there. Now the ABS and Airbag indicator lights constantly stay lit. Any thoughts?

That's strange. I have no idea but something you might try is swapping one of your new light/twistlock combos with one of the OEMs you still have in there, and see if the problem switches places. At least you'd know whether something is screwy with the light/base combo or if perhaps something happened to the board during installation (seems unlikely though).

I'll be interested to hear others' opinions on it :hmm:

strykerG8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone have any idea to get rid of the hyperflash on the turn signals? am i going to need resistors on all the flashing corners?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali