Common / Easy upgrades for Tahoe? (2018)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdefeo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 2018 Tahoe Premier and I'm looking to make some changes. Currently on deck are some black bowties. Next up are some new wheels as the all chrome look is a little too bright for me. And maybe replacing the chrome accents on the side mirrors. Then I'm thinking about tinting the front windows (to match the rears) and possibly the windshield.

What other upgrades are common? My previous car was a 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK and that car had an incredible after-market ecosystem with a multitude of upgrades, after-market parts, add-ons, etc. Just wondering what's available for the Tahoe? Are there parts catalogs I can subscribe to?

Another possible (but not easy) upgrade would be a 360 video surround - that is, adding side cameras to the mirrors and a front camera and then integrating it into the dash display. Looks like MVI has a product that could work here...

Looking forward to many upgrades! Thanks!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Roberto!

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Coming from the Jeep scene you might find the aftermarket slightly less impressive, but it’s still there nonetheless.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I personally like Summit Racing, CarId.com, customwheeloffset.com, Crutchfield, Tire Rack, and Auto Zone (and hate to admit it...sometimes Amazon).

Might check out BlackBearPerformance for a new tune (never have used them, but heard good things).

Not sure what engine you have, but here’s a good article about engine upgrades for the L92...
https://www.onallcylinders.com/2018...-expert-advice-l92-mods-maximize-performance/

I put a K&N Cold Air Intake with a Borla XR1 muffler and she sounds great!

Plan to lower it, lift it, or keep it stock? I simply have 2” coil spacers from Supreme Suspension that work out great for the look that I’m going for and 2” hub centric wheel spacers (I’m too cheap for new wheels right now).

Should note I’ve got an 07 Yukon Denali without autoride.

OP
OP
rdefeo

rdefeo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions Jason! I had not heard of CarId or CustomWheelOffset before - will take a look.

The L92 engine mods might be a bit over my skill level - haha. I might keep my mods to mostly cosmetic for the time being and see where I go from there. Browsing for new wheels is a pain as I can't seem to picture exactly what they'd look like on the Tahoe. Hard to drop $1K on a set of wheels with that uncertainty, ugh.

I don't plan to lift/lower it at the moment. (After installing a 2" lift kit in my old Jeep, I think I'm done with suspension work for a long while - lol.)

aducknut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Upgrade to Led fog light.
Upgrade the factory HID bulbs
Upgrade to LED reverse lights
Leveling kit for the front? Or reverse leveling and bring the back down to match the front stock height‍♂️

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20201201_183322.jpg 20201201_183346.jpg
installed the Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 in the low beams, the headlights themselves need a slight adjustment to right for aiming...but overall, the light is far better than a stock halogen.
garage is about 25ft back, fence is closer to 75-80 ft away.

looking to do the fogs next.

Brad32486

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

These trucks don't seem to be as customizable as they used to, oh, back in the 2000's and earlier, which doesn't leave as much.

I put customer grill on mine that likely takes a second look to realize it's not factory. Adding the billet inserts in the openings give's the truck a unique look even to the newer Premiers that come from the factory black. Be aware, the chrome strip on the top of the head light may be a separate part, but it is not separately available. I had mine wrapped to match the black grille.

I personally lowered the rear with 2" drop springs which was super easy and I love the look, but I have the base, non-air-support rear shocks. Lowering is still possible if you have those, but there are additional things to do (shock mounts, level sensor arms).

I added Escalade-style tail lights, which is a love it or hate it look, and a pricey one ($400). I still am not 100% satisfied with them because they are aftermarket, but the look really cleans the rear end up.

Those items definitely give mine a unique, personal, customized look at stands out against others. In general, it didn't all cost too much. Having said that, I'm in the auto industry and got certain work done through connections, so I paid less.

Just don't get a light-up bowtie for the front.... ugh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts