Color Code by Vin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to look up a vehicle's color based on the VIN?
I am looking at a used part and need to see if it matches.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to look up a vehicle's color based on the VIN?
I am looking at a used part and need to see if it matches.
Well, you would take the VIN to Compnine and for $5 it will pull up all the RPO codes for that VIN if it's in the database. Five bucks for five lookups.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also see if build tag is on glove box door if not the option SWATHDIVER recommended.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It turned out to be the wrong part, wrong color too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has potential if they can make it more accurate. I ran one of my pickups through it and they got the exterior color wrong but had all the RPOs correct. I ran my Yukon XL through it and they got the motor and factory wrong and it seems they got all the RPOs right.
Same here on the mirror I was looking at. It was a shade of gray, shown on the sierra but the lookup said it was white.
Not only that, based on the DL code I expected power folding like mine with the same code, but it did not have that.

Last edited:

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go by glovebox rpo code. My vin comes back as something other than the ltz it is depending on where you decode it.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go by glovebox rpo code. My vin comes back as something other than the ltz it is depending on where you decode it.
I did both. The RPN code on the mirror didn't work out either. Mystery totaled truck I guess.