Coil assist airbags.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Would like recommendations for coil assist airbags from any of you who have done airride delete and have lowered your truck. Thanks

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like recommendations for coil assist airbags from any of you who have done airride delete and have lowered your truck. Thanks

I have Air Lift #60742. I'm dropped 4.5" in the rear. Measure the dimensions inside your coils and select bags from that. The 60742 is 6" tall and 5" in diameter and is perfect for my drop.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I have Air Lift #60742. I'm dropped 4.5" in the rear. Measure the dimensions inside your coils and select bags from that. The 60742 is 6" tall and 5" in diameter and is perfect for my drop.
How is the ride?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the ride?

The ride is great. But, that's irrelevant in your case, or most anyone else with one of these lowered rigs unless they have my same oddball setup. I'm lowered on stock coils from a Jeep Wrangler (TJ) and running Bilstein 4600s from a Jeep Cherokee (XJ). I used to keep about 6 psi in the bags at all times for a touch extra spring firmness to eliminate sway during excessive "maneuvering". I only added a few psi on top of that as needed when towing. Since upgrading my sway bars, I let all the air out of the bags as it was no longer needed.

Adjustability is the beauty of these bags. If your springs are a little soft, you can add a very small amount of pressure and compensate to your liking. Or, add enough pressure to support an additional 1,000 lbs., which is way more than you'll ever need to do.

My point is the coil springs and shocks are primarily what determine the ride quality and load characteristics. These helper bags are just for increasing the spring rate and load capacity as desired. If the rear of yours rides rough now, air bags won't soften it. You need it to ride as soft as, or softer than you want it to with just the coils and shocks, without the air bags. Then use the bags to increase it from there.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not lowered but I’m running the airlift 1000 line up, I forget exactly which kit number, as I bought it slightly used from another member here with the same truck as I have. But because I tow and have detailing gear in the back like 90% of the time I figured the airlift bags would help keep the wear and tear on my Z55 auto leveling shocks down somewhat. Side note…. bought the arnott shocks for my Z55 suspension setup from the same member as they were gently used but have performed flawlessly since I bought them several years ago from him. Measure your coil springs like @iamdub mentioned and then give airlift a call and they can tell you exactly which kit to order.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission