Chrome OEM Grille Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mzuern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their black grille for a Chrome one? I just purchased the Chrome OEM grille and am wondering if I really need to take the entire front bumper off to install? The instructions are very vauge and poorly written from GM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their black grille for a Chrome one? I just purchased the Chrome OEM grille and am wondering if I really need to take the entire front bumper off to install? The instructions are very vauge and poorly written from GM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

On a Yukon or ?

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this swap on my LT. Didn't have to take the entire bumper off. There are few screws on top and then the rest was pretty much held in by clips if I remember correctly. I think I took some pix while I was doing it, i'll check and see

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I thought this grill was standard on LTZ? anyways Nnaboy did a grill removal write up for his headlight install. look in the Exterior threads
The early 07s didn't have the chrome grille/ mirrors/ handles.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found 'em
Not very detailed, but you can see what it looks like when the stock black grill is removed.

before_grill.jpg

grill_install.jpg

grill.jpg

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember off hand, since its been about a year since I did it. It was probably like about 1 hr or so. The little clips were a beach to get off though. I was trying to be real careful, so that I could make sure they were still useable when I put the chrome one one.

e-dub75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Mike

Def. a pain to take off. I tried to do the mod in the middle of winter and I have huge hands and a short patience so I end up taking mine to the dealership. They charged for about an hour of labor, which isn't that much (plus i have a good relationship with them). They end up removing the whole bumper. I didnt care b/c while they were working on the grille I was switching my headlights out with HID's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigchad1