Chip shortage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medicmegs08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a place you can find out what chips you’re missing? I bought a ‘23 Yukon XL duramax and they told me me it has adaptive cruise (had it on my Durango and it was a must with the purchase) but when i questioned after driving home and not getting it to work they said it does but missing the chip. I’m assuming my intellibeam headlights are the same issue….

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been waiting since June for chips for my 22 RST Suburban.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish some of you would pick up your game. Dealerships don't have to cater to those of us who ask questions as long as there is lower fruit.

I'll take it usually isn't the first thing to say to dealerships. And then there is the test drive. It's a marvelous aid when checking out a new car.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a place you can find out what chips you’re missing? I bought a ‘23 Yukon XL duramax and they told me me it has adaptive cruise (had it on my Durango and it was a must with the purchase) but when i questioned after driving home and not getting it to work they said it does but missing the chip. I’m assuming my intellibeam headlights are the same issue….
What does your window sticker say? As far as i know there were not adaptive cruise or intellibeam retrofits on 2023 models. You most likely just don't have those options especially if it's a base.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what trim level? Think adaptive was only available for a Denali for the 22s and it wasn't standard...still option for Denali...not sure on the 23s

it would be listed on your window sticker as a retrofit or as not equipped with a credit....

but VIN # at the end of the link below if you bought it used...

Unfortunately a lot of salesmen just spout off nonsense without any real knowledge of the "facts" they are telling the prospective buyers.

OP
OP
M

medicmegs08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what trim level? Think adaptive was only available for a Denali for the 22s and it wasn't standard...still option for Denali...not sure on the 23s

it would be listed on your window sticker as a retrofit or as not equipped with a credit....

but VIN # at the end of the link below if you bought it used...

Unfortunately a lot of salesmen just spout off nonsense without any real knowledge of the "facts" they are telling the prospective buyers.
It’s a 23 denali

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does your window sticker say? It'll say a) if it has adaptive cruise at all and b) if it’s omitted but will be available to retrofit in the future.

If it doesnt say either of those things, it doesn't have adaptive. Even a Denali doesn’t have adaptive without a package as far as I know.

Intellibeam auto brights aren’t on by default, look in the manual on how to turn them on, it’s a weird back and forth combination with the high beams stalk.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise is a $500 add on option, can not be retro fitted. Will say on the window sticker if it was added, it’s not standard on Denali. Only standard on the Denali ultimate.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point in time “chip shortage” is induced by manufacturers of cars.

Cars rely on chips made using mature—40-nanometer and older—manufacturing processes. Those processes make up most of the installed manufacturing capacity globally. If there was really a chip shortage Tesla would not be producing cars at max rate (which they are)

There is a real industry advantage to carry on a chip shortage idea.

people pay more, don’t haggle, agree to weeks or longer repairs and pay more for repairs. dealers/manufacturers win big time.

There was a real chip shortage in 2021 early 2022 but not now.

The most complex processors are not used in cars. far from it and the manufacturing embargos in place for China on complex processors don’t affect cars.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094