Chevy Tahoe Z71 with 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardl2727

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to forum. Quick question. Is anyone having luck in ordering a Z71 Tahoe with the 6.2 and Air Ride Suspension? A lot of dealers in my area have quite a few on their lot for sale, but all are 5.3. Currently have a 202 Escalade with 6.2 (previously had 2004 Z71 and 2011 Z71) and that engine is so much stronger and fun to drive. Have had order insince March 2022 for 2023 Escalade Prem Lux (still no luck in being picked up) and am growing tired of waiting.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 and 3.0 diesel are severely constrained. Literally close to zero for the past 2 months.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I found one. In transit two weeks out. Signed and deposit today. 5K market adjustment but I have been looking for a while and , as you said , 6.2 is super hard to find. I test drove a 5.3 with base suspension and honestly it was fine. I happen to have a problem though. I like big engines and I really wanted Magnetic and air suspension. I hope they don’t screw me. He said dealers get these and trade them to other dealers for 10K. Hard to believe.

Steveo123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
6.2 seems limited to High Country, Denali and Escalade right now.

I have a 22 Z71 6.2 with rear entertainment loaded. Been trying to trade for a Denali XL and every dealer has been offering me 10k back of kbb and mmr.
I believe I found one. In transit two weeks out. Signed and deposit today. 5K market adjustment but I have been looking for a while and , as you said , 6.2 is super hard to find. I test drove a 5.3 with base suspension and honestly it was fine. I happen to have a problem though. I like big engines and I really wanted Magnetic and air suspension. I hope they don’t screw me. He said dealers get these and trade them to other dealers for 10K. Hard to believe.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

they were doing this in the spring...not so much now...see the other post above

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used car values have dropped significantly. If u pay over sticker now your getting screwed.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get mine and yes I paid a market adjustment. 6.2 , Magnetic Ride and Air suspension. Rare find in a Z71. Worth the extra to me. I kept waiting for the dealer to sell it out to a higher bidder, but they did not and were honest and ethical. Raceway Chevy in Bethlehem PA. No, I was not happy about a market adjustment, but it was way less than the adjustment on a Toyota Tacoma in my area. My daughter was looking at those. $12,500 premium on a 40K list truck. That’s about 27%. My mark up was 6.5%. There is a black very low mileage 2022 in Chesapeake VA for sale. 77K

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 is a tough find but can be found if your patient.

I had a plan for a 22 Z71 6.2 SatinSteel/Jet Black back in November. Showed in transit and I went through the process. I said yes but talked a $10,500 ”Market Adjustment” down to $1500….I simply said. I am not paying a markup on as vehicle that you don’t even have available and no ETA. I don’t think there liked being called out especially since it was a outgoing model year.

Aske about deposit and was told, they don’t take deposits, your word is good and you will be first to be called when it arrives on property, This had everything my previous Z71 had except traded the sliding center console for the 6.2 and switched from Midnight Blue to Satin Steel.

Got call last Thursday from dealer saying it arrived. The call was about 0900. I had Dr.’s appointment and texted sales rep from Dr. office. Basically with no deposit it was up for grabs and told them I would be there in about an hour.

Literally 14 minutes later I got text from sales manager,,,the standard……”due to lack of internal communication, the vehicle was sold from underneath me. He asked me to come in and see what could be done to correct. I told him no need to come in, either find a comparably equipped Z71 or upgrade to Premier and 22 or 23 MY…I don’t care who you have to dealer trade with. Keep in mind we were up against the 30 day clock for the price and credit approval window. This was day 24 and one of the remaining six days was a Sunday.

He texted the next day saying he had others in transit but would still keep the $1500 markup….I said not with me….and he offered to have me call the NC manager the following morning. I said I am not calling, if you really want to make this situation right then have him call me…..Crickets…..

Followed up Monday with alternate colors but comparably equipped. the two colors he offered were Deal Breaker Colors…..told him he lost and in reality the next day I won.

Fast Fonward to yesterday I found the big foot Of the search. 2023 Premier pretty well equipped. Driver Alert Package-Enhanced…(HUD). Moonroof, normal load out for most Tahoes of the Z71 caliber and above….even 6.2. only thing missing were the 22” wheels but I can work those in later. The color although my third choice (Dark Ash) had all the other equipment made it workable. 2023 No Markup, and ironically the same dealer as I got the 22 Z71 from. MSRP minus $1000 Coutcomes and $500 GM Military………and two points lower APR and lender that offered 84 mo. Pick up Friday.

How this even became available was well….fate and timing. I had searched the Tahoe and Yukon Inventory search website and thought I had missed it. Called dealer and found out the story. A new trim for 2023 called the COBO edition…(Customer Ordered Back Out)…….That is fate and timing. The 21 Premier was fate in that the customer ahead of me…wife talked him out of Midnight Blue. The 22 Z71 Midnight Blue was fate in that arrived on a Friday and somehow survived the weekend without being sold. This makes three…Hockey fins help me out…Hat Trick I believe…..

If the COBO customer is reading this post….Thank you!!!

What’s weird is I traded the Prtemier for the Z71 for too much chrome and now back to Premier but…in stock and no markup……rare find and sometimes need to jump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts