2022 Tahoe Z71 engine temperature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenTahoe2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What should the typical engine temperature reading on the OBD be for a 2022 Tahoe Z71 with the 5.3 engine? The dashboard temperature gauge is slightly better than useless compared to the gauge on my 2004 Tahoe. I think my engine might be running a little cooler than it should be.
My mileage has dropped off as well. (50k on the engine 3k on the present air filter)
It’s ludicrous that the Chevy has the option to display the transmission temperature numerically, but not the engine temperature, oil pressure, and electrical voltage.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OE thermostat is 190F - you should see your operating temp around there, but it might also exceed that a bit when the active grille shutters close. The system will reopen them if more cooling is needed. When did you notice your MPG drop? Winter gas blends are worse than summer blends as far as fuel economy...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OE thermostat is 190F - you should see your operating temp around there, but it might also exceed that a bit when the active grille shutters close. The system will reopen them if more cooling is needed. When did you notice your MPG drop? Winter gas blends are worse than summer blends as far as fuel economy...
And people always forget to put air in their tires as winter comes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan