Check enginel light and “reduced power” on the DIC came on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What a PITA! Wonder what it could be? So, essentially, you replaced the throttle body and pigtail for nothing ? So it’s gotta be a ground or a faulty wire somewhere?
Mine reset on it own, but I’m glad I have the scanner now to reset it right away if it happens again.
Kind of--throttle body was replaced because it wasn't opening 100% at wot(wide open throttle). Not really sure about the pigtail, but it was cheap enough on Amazon. I've still yet to check my grounds. One code I'm getting is P2135, which is what you're getting too. I haven't done anything with that--yet. Funny thing--I started the truck one day and it was fine, got out while it was running and I heard what sounded kind of like a spring unwinding, I get back in and it says reduced engine power. That's happened twice. Once I wiggled the tps pigtail around and it went away too. That was with the new tb and new pigtail. So damn annoying, especially when it pops up while you're driving. That's just dangerous!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so I went to Pep Boys and bought this little PT Diagnostic Scan Tool (W2977) for 20 bucks. It's really just a code reader, but it erases and re-sets, so it's better than nothing...until I learn what I am doing.

So I plugged it in and followed the directions. I was half-expecting to see a BUNCH of codes pop up, because I've only had this Tahoe for less than a month, and who knows what kind of issues could be lurking, right?

YES! Just one code...P2135.

The booklet only goes to P0999, but a quick search on the internet confirms it has something to do with the TPS...could be a faulty sensor, or connection, or ground or bad throttle body itself. Also, good to know that you don't have to replace the entire throttle body, just the sensor, if it's bad.

I've been driving around ever since I had the issue, and it has not repeated. I guess when I turned off the motor, waited awhile, then turned it back on, it somehow rest itself? The CEL is not on, and the DIC message is gone, but do I need to erase the code with this little PT reader Tool?

It's not by any means a complete scanner, but I'm glad I bought this little reader to keep in the glove box.
if it happened just the one time it could have just been an error in the throttle body, you might want to just clean it and then just keep on driving happily along, if it keeps happening like what has happened to Tony then you may want to consider replacing the throttle body then if it keeps happening move on to maybe the harness as he has or even the sensor down at the gas pedal which seems to be a common problem also.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
if it happened just the one time it could have just been an error in the throttle body, you might want to just clean it and then just keep on driving happily along, if it keeps happening like what has happened to Tony then you may want to consider replacing the throttle body then if it keeps happening move on to maybe the harness as he has or even the sensor down at the gas pedal which seems to be a common problem also.
Maybe I should do that damn sensor!

Brisolle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kind of--throttle body was replaced because it wasn't opening 100% at wot(wide open throttle). Not really sure about the pigtail, but it was cheap enough on Amazon. I've still yet to check my grounds. One code I'm getting is P2135, which is what you're getting too. I haven't done anything with that--yet. Funny thing--I started the truck one day and it was fine, got out while it was running and I heard what sounded kind of like a spring unwinding, I get back in and it says reduced engine power. That's happened twice. Once I wiggled the tps pigtail around and it went away too. That was with the new tb and new pigtail. So damn annoying, especially when it pops up while you're driving. That's just dangerous!

Check the ground wire on the Back of the engine and two ground wires by the driver’s side door where it meets the quartel panel. I replaced lotes of partes only tão Find out it was the damn ground wires.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should do that damn sensor!

The Accelerator pedal position sensor fixed my problem also. It was fairly easy, I found the correct torx, T10 or T15, bit and used a 1/4 open box wrench to remove and install. If that didn't work next would be the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module near the driver side firewall area.

Clive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue here - P2135 came on yesterday out of the blue. Issue matches TSB #11-06-04-007B so ordered ACDelco 19259452 TP Sensor.

What's the success rate replacing the TP sensor on a 2011 Tahoe? Cheers -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts