RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well..... I’m an idiot as it turns out.... I was puzzled and couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on until I actually looked at the tail lights. I assumed(and we all know what does...) that the resistors on the new tails were wired into the brake lights.... they’re not and I’m an idiot for not looking at them the right way... resistors are wired into the turn signals to prevent hyper flash..... what a moron I am... :buttkick:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well..... I’m an idiot as it turns out.... I was puzzled and couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on until I actually looked at the tail lights. I assumed(and we all know what does...) that the resistors on the new tails were wired into the brake lights.... they’re not and I’m an idiot for not looking at them the right way... resistors are wired into the turn signals to prevent hyper flash..... what a moron I am... :buttkick:
Like it says in my signature, “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.” You just got some experience!

Glad you got it figured out Chase.

2020DenaliBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered new tails on amazon. Went with a slightly different setup this time. Still the same C shaped LED tube, but the tube on the new set has a red tint instead of a white cover with red LED. IT LOOKS REALLY COOL! Plus the housing is gloss black instead of flat black, so they look REALLY dark! And the border around the edge of the lenses is gloss black instead of clear. Really cool contrast against my silver paint!

View attachment 262930 View attachment 262931 View attachment 262932 View attachment 262933 View attachment 262934
I made the swap in the back lot of the mechanics after I had finished washing cars, while I was waiting for the boss to get back from an errand pay me lol.
CG just put a new product, a ceramic infused detailer spray, called Hydro speed. To go in line with their hydro line up, I ordered a bottle. Got delivered yesterday same time as the tail lights. Lol. Hit the new light lenses with a bit of that keep them protected until I can give my truck a fresh ceramic coat I. A couple weeks when I have use of the garage at the ranch.
Do you have a link to this set? They do look cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to this set? They do look cool

I’ll see if I can find it. But I’ll be honest, I’m not crazy about them. They look cool but they’re cheaply made, I don’t think they're worth what I paid for them. Both the original set, and the replacement set I got from the seller have not been sealed properly and have had condensation in them. And I still can’t get my cruise control back into working order, after three sets of resistors wired into the brake lights. I wouldn’t recommend them at this point.

2020DenaliBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll see if I can find it. But I’ll be honest, I’m not crazy about them. They look cool but they’re cheaply made, I don’t think they're worth what I paid for them. Both the original set, and the replacement set I got from the seller have not been sealed properly and have had condensation in them. And I still can’t get my cruise control back into working order, after three sets of resistors wired into the brake lights. I wouldn’t recommend them at this point.
Oh that sucks. Appreciate the feedback. I’ll keep checking and follow up. Happy New Year to ya!!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those pictures are old.... lol. No they were just standard LEDs that plugged into my stock wire pigtails. I can honestly say I don’t even know what bulbs they were. I just remember ordering those from xenondepot.com. But after a couple years I had to replace them as one side was starting to get bad and they didn’t have anything in stock that fit plug and play to my truck. So I ended up having to order LEDs from somewhere on Amazon when I had to replace them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e