Changed plugs and alternator belt. Ran great and now won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DavidZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried the priming method but no change. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge handy unfortunately. I'll try to borrow a code reader tonight to see if there are any codes. The truck never had any starting issues prior to this

OP
OP
D

DavidZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The truck is under a quarter tank in fuel and parked facing downhill on a pretty steep incline. Is the pickup for the pump in an area where that may affect it?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I tried the priming method but no change. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge handy unfortunately. I'll try to borrow a code reader tonight to see if there are any codes. The truck never had any starting issues prior to this
The truck is under a quarter tank in fuel and parked facing downhill on a pretty steep incline. Is the pickup for the pump in an area where that may affect it?
You can rent a fuel pressure gauge at a parts store. Yes a steep incline with low fuel can cause a fuel pickup angle problem.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In my world, I think of 1/2 tank as 1/4 full and 1/4 tank as empty. It also allows the fuel pump to stay immersed to help keep it running cooler. This is a gas fuel pump but the flex fuel fuel pump still has the same housing around it to help keep fuel around that pump motor but as you can see, if even driving with a steep enough incline you could starve a fuel pump for fuel and when they run OUT of the fuel level in the tank, they run hotter. Glad it is ok.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you are ok now, but when I read this I knew the issue. I have been there. Lol
Yeah I had to go "rescue" the wife recently at her workplace. She had about 1/8 tank of gas and had parked on a steep incline. Luckily I was able to just let it roll forward onto a more level spot and it fired right up and I drove straight to the gas station. Now after 40 years she has decided that 1/4 tank is when she refuels instead of when the light comes on!!! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA