Center Console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quikzilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Tahoe I may get does not have a center console. It is a 1999 model. I would like to put a longer one than the 96-99 models had. Something like the 2000-2006. Is this possible or does it require a lot of modifications to do so?
Thanks in advance.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, you can take one out of a newer year, but it may/may not line up with the dash.

Why not fab up one of your own? Build the basic shape out of some MDF, sand and Bondo it till you get the contours the way you want, then paint or wrap it in vinyl.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
longer center consoles in 96-99??? they were the same from 95 to 00..

the only other console then what you see in our body style that WILL FIT WITHOUT modification is the 99-00 denali and escalade console which cost anywhere from 100 to 400 bucks depending on where you buy it from and what shape its in..

The NBS 00 on up, will not fit unless you make it fit. (ie move seats and brackets and all kinds of junk)

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are gonna go thru all that work you mind as well make you one yourself. :D

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Atomic you got any info, pics or write-ups to back up the 99-00 denali idea I am looking to add something like that so I can burry some electrical and electronic upgrades with out over stuffin the dash and would like it to to factory if possible. Would help alot if I could instead of loosing storage space by shrinking insert to smaller size. My sub box is taking the whole rear underseat space already.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah sunlit, just look at the obs esky/denali console. it goes all the way up to the dash and relocates the cupholders.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
thanks procomp. i didnt have any pictures on my computer to pull up.
sorry sunlit.. but yea thats the console. most of them have Bose subs underneath it, but require some modification if you want it to work in your tahoe/yukon.

On almost every one of those consoles ive seen, the paint peels on them. so if you can find a cheap on in a different color, id say go for it and paint it. then get the lid upholstered with some nice leather matching it all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700