Center Console Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
So I gutted the interior of my 05 Tahoe today, put in new carpet, got almost all of my new Katzkin covers on, and got the headliner out to the trim shop for a rewrap. As I started to reassemble things, I test fit the console with Bose amp that I got off ebay for this job. I noticed when I got it in place that there is a huge plug sticking out of the bottom of it and I have no idea what is supposed to be plugged into it.

What harness do I need to connect this console plug to my truck? My truck came from the factory with the CD/Radio. I've now got a OEM navigation (TNR) unit in there and its powered up, but its not wired into the bose amp. Obviously I'm missing something.

-B

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my console in today. And will start to get rid of that damn jump seat, finally!

I'm in the same boat though, my console was suppose to come with the harness, I'll get a better look at it this afternoon and will try to get a part number for you if someone else doesn't.

BTW where did you get the factory nav? Home much did it run you?

OP
OP
B

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
I finished the Katzkin leathers and got the console in today, and got most of the wiring run for the DVD player and rear monitor. Four fingers on my right and three on my left hand are literally bleeding and my hands are so sore I needed help opening a shampoo bottle when I got home. Fu..... I'd post pictures, but I'm too flippin' tired.

I have the wiring harness that is in the console - the one with the big ass plug on the bottom (actually I have two of those harnesses if you are missing the one that goes in the console). What I don't have is anything to plug it into on the body of the vehicle. While I'd still like to know what I'm supposed to plug it into, I'm thinking maybe I'll just rip the bose amp and sub out and maybe put my own in....or not. I'd kinda just like to get it to work like the factory intended. JL Audio has a stealthbox that fits inside of the console in the place of the bose stuff, but it's like $600 and given the money I've already spent on this thing, that is not an option.

I got my OEM nav on ebay for about $325 and its in perfect shape. The antenna was another $45, and the Nav Disc (which hasn't arrived yet) was $41.

-B

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've got the big ass harness sitting there. I went ahead and got the console installed this weekend b/c its my everyday driver. I figure once I get the harness situation figured out I can take apart the console and get it plugged in through the top. All I'm wanting is something to get my bose amp/sub hooked up to my head unit.... haha good luck man, I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401