Center armrest phone charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this wireless phone charger today and it fits perfect in my 2022 Yukon SLT center console lid. I have always liked my phone charging on the console lid but GM decided to change that. It is very thin and also has a very tiny power cord that I ran to the rear of the lid and under it into the storage compartment and then to the usb plug. I also used some 3M double sided tape to secure it to the rubber mat in the lid cover. Looks nice and neat and works perfect so thought I would share as many times while traveling my wife and I both want our phones charging at the same time. Works with a cover on the phone too.

UPDATE: Found out this morning that the usb ports in the center storage compartment do not have charge capabilities, must be for media only so will need to plug the cable into the rear of the console with a usb to usb c adapter.

Last edited:

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the wireless charger but do not care for where GM has placed it in these new rigs. That's' where all the junk used to get tossed in our old suburban but can't do that and charge. I suppose it helps keep this new one a little cleaner on the inside

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the wireless charger but do not care for where GM has placed it in these new rigs. That's' where all the junk used to get tossed in our old suburban but can't do that and charge. I suppose it helps keep this new one a little cleaner on the inside
I went to TJ Max in the kitchen section and found a few nice little bins to help organize my center console. Now all my “stuff” goes in there and the wireless charger bin is nice and clutter free.

The odd thing about what GM did with that on this generation is that it is way too deep for a cell phone charger bin…wasted about a cubic foot of space.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I saw that but if you watch their install video I did not want to tear apart my brand new Yukon.
It looks amazing I’d love one, but I had nightmares after watching that install video last night. It just felt wrong. They weren’t gentle.

Trent88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
guess you haven't ever been inside of a body shop then. those guys were as gentle as they come! at least in the video i watched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV