CD disc player error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff SS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this one?
On my 2016 Tahoe, intermittently (although more and more frequently), a CD will stop playing and a message is displayed on the screen. That message is DISC PLAYER ERROR.
I can then eject the CD, put it back in, forward to the exact same place on the CD, and it will play (for a while).
This has happened with many different (clean, no scratches, etc.) CDs.
I took the car in to Mac Haik Chevy/Houston.
They're answer (and Chevrolet's - according to Mac Haik) was that since there was no Error Code, there's nothing they can do to fix it.
I realize it's not a code, but there is an error message blatantly displayed (I showed them pictures).
I was and am frustrated beyond belief.
I'm now having problems with my NAV system (touch screen issues) - post for a different day.
Any input would be appreciated.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cd's that you are using, store bought or homemade? Does it do them on both? How about a DVD? Have you tried using one of those cheapie disc-cleaning discs?

OP
OP
J

Jeff SS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The cd's that you are using, store bought or homemade? Does it do them on both? How about a DVD? Have you tried using one of those cheapie disc-cleaning discs?
Thanks for weighing in. All CDs are store bought, in good shape. I made sure I tried a large number of CDs before taking it in (and those same CDs play in home CD players with no problems). Problem is definitely not the CDs.

tdelong24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this one?
On my 2016 Tahoe, intermittently (although more and more frequently), a CD will stop playing and a message is displayed on the screen. That message is DISC PLAYER ERROR.
I can then eject the CD, put it back in, forward to the exact same place on the CD, and it will play (for a while).
This has happened with many different (clean, no scratches, etc.) CDs.
I took the car in to Mac Haik Chevy/Houston.
They're answer (and Chevrolet's - according to Mac Haik) was that since there was no Error Code, there's nothing they can do to fix it.
I realize it's not a code, but there is an error message blatantly displayed (I showed them pictures).
I was and am frustrated beyond belief.
I'm now having problems with my NAV system (touch screen issues) - post for a different day.
Any input would be appreciated.
Ive had the same problem in my 15 LTZ Tahoe, i recently had a dvd that wouldnt eject and was in there for about a month. Then one day u just happen you push the eject button and it came out. It was a brand new dvd and came out with a scratch ring about a inch out from the middle of the disc

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt