CB antenna fender mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has mounted a cb antenna on their 21 and up using a fender mount bracket. If so which one? I am using a magnet mount on my 22 Burb but I don't care for it.
Thank you,
Harry

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazon sells a A-pillar hood bracket that's marketed as a "ditch light bracket" and fastened to the Tahoe-suburban-yukon via the hood-hinge arm bolts (underneath the hood) and only contacts the underside of the hood. bracket hole is prolly the correct size for your antenna mount, or hole can be drilled a little larger.

Amazon sells another variety of bracket that's similar in performance but it fastens via 4 bolts that "clamp" on the hood's lip itself,, but this style makes me nervous that it could bend or compromise the paint on the hood.

both styles will pop up on amazon when searching for ditch lights and brackets

The first style I mentioned will be better for RF grounding as the metal bracket comes into direct contact with the metal hood, whereas the lip-clamp style has a rubber protector gasket that stops metal on metal.. so not a good RF ground that antenna needs for ground plane.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Harry22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been using a Sirio magnet mount in the middle of the roof with great results. I have the coax zip tied to the luggage rack cross bar. I would like to eliminate the cross bar altogether for a cleaner install. I realize overall performance will drop with the antenna at the corner of the vehicle and lower in height. I don't want to drill a hole in the roof so I'm checking other options. GoNoGo had a great suggestion on the ditch light brackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts