Catch can question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlsnokuyeulb

Reaction score
So from what I understand and have read, this will help prevent or prolong the lifter issues on some of the 07 5.3's with afm? I'm getting close to 70k and want to make sure this thing goes for a long time. Thanks.

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So from what I understand and have read, this will help prevent or prolong the lifter issues on some of the 07 5.3's with afm? I'm getting close to 70k and want to make sure this thing goes for a long time. Thanks.

Are you having lifter issues ?
If your having dry starts when the engine is cold similar to when you do a oil change and you don't prime the oil filter.
If your using a Napa Gold oil filter or any other brand oil filter then go back to using the A/C Delco.

I had a problem with lifter clatter for 20-30 seconds everytime I started the engine cold.
One dealer claims this was normal another said it was not.
Normal was BS because it just started after I serviced it.
I had a problem with Napa Gold on another engine several years earlier and went back to original equipment. I changed out the Napa for A/C Delco and the lifter clatter problem went away.

The CatchCan purpose is to catch and trap the oil vapors in the PCV to reduce the chance of the oil caking up in the intake, pretty much nothing to do with the lifters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tlsnokuyeulb

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. I am using NAPA platinum right now. I am not having issues, just want to prevent it. I'm due for a change when I get it back. I'll try the delco.

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Napa Gold oil filters for years in every vehicle I own with no problems, but in my book 2 strikes your out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo