Catback performance exhaust - review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Corsa sound but I wish that they had an option for a turndown dump exhaust tip instead of behind the passenger rear wheel.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any review updates on any of the cat back exhausts for Tahoe/Yukon?
Borla?
Corsa?
Magnaflow?

The 6.2 needs more sound with no drone.
I have the borla aka GM performance exhaust on my lade. No drone. Based on reviews I thought it wouldn't be loud enough but it's perfectly fine for me. It's very tolerable around town and has a good volume at wot.

I've had a muffler delete on a Corvette and I definitely didn't want anything that loud with passengers in the lade.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sidenote: if anyone has drone with the dealer installed exhaust, I'd recommend getting the exhaust inspected by a muffler shop. I've heard a story of someone's exhaust falling off on the freeway. A lot of dealer techs may not have the experience of installing a cat back and their could be leaks causing drone.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx. I’ve read that GM is too quiet and Corsa is too loud but haven’t had a chance to hear them. Then their are some that say none are wife approved, LOL. Going to check with dealer to see if there are any local trucks that have performance exhaust installed that I can hear.

On the drone issue, I’ve heard that a lot of drone problems can be traced to exhaust leaks. Local shop said to use exhaust paste on all slip joints to avoid leaks.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any review updates on any of the cat back exhausts for Tahoe/Yukon?
Borla?
Corsa?
Magnaflow?

The 6.2 needs more sound with no drone.
I'm running a magnaflow Exhaust, no cats, ARH headers, & a performance tune some drone but not terrible. Except for cold start and when you push on the gas. Sounds great for me.

Tried for the same or better on the High Country that I picked up. Went ARH headers, no cats, ARH SS exhaust. Even had them polished since i had the opportunity. Sounds very good too but I think the Escalade sounds better.

Attachments

• image000000(56).jpg
    image000000(56).jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220526_175504.jpg
    20220526_175504.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 14

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Mine is a 2022 6.2 Tahoe so slightly different beast.