Catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hay All,

Want to upgrade my catalytic converter , going into a 2006 Yukon, What's the best one to get, that delivers a lot of HP , also i live in California the smog thing is hard to pass so got to be carfull what i get..

Thanks.. boomer1

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got mine replaced. i live in maryland so mine were way cheaper. i got the high flow magna flow cats. i can feel a difference in performance. contact brain at absoluteperformance ( a vendor here) and he'll get u an accurate quote. i got my cats the next day with free shipping.

OP
OP
B

boomer1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response bro, call him first thing in da morning..

boomer1.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problem man. you wont be disappointed. he sells good quality stuff. make sure u tell him u were referred by a member from Tahoeyukonforum. u get a 10% discount

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your stock cats are high flow cats. You won't see a gain in performance, unless your current cats are shot.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats correct. mine were shot. when i took them out i couldnt see anything through the hole. if yours are ok then theres no reason for you to waste money unless you want to. sorry forgot to mention that earlier.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if you are in cali and have an OBDII vehicle you can only replace with certified FOR YOUR VEHICLE replacement cats... or you fail smog.

http://www.car-sound.com/04basics/04caliobdll.asp

For your vehicle, there are none.

SO if you have a problem GM will have to replace the cat under warranty, or you will have to buy one from GM.

Edited for clarity:
For a 2003 you could get certified cats from magnaflow (possibly because it is over 7 years old).
it is 1,800 for the assembly, or $520 per cat.
For the 06, nothing is certified, so nothing can be used.

Last edited:

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eagle,

I'm not sure why I even asked that question after reading the link you posted. Of course my CES light would be a good indicator to have it checked. Is this Monday or Tuesday? Geeezzzz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grocha1015