catalyatic converters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on the cats?

I've got over 165k miles in my '99 and it's 100% stock, CA emmissions setup. I only have a K&N intake kit (CARB legal) and this truck has passed every smog test with flying colors...

a complete MSD ignition setup does help it alot, but still, all the exhuast parts including the cats and O2 sensors were original.

I have another track car that is a **********in pain to get smogged, so I left the truck relatively stock (exhaust wise)... and thank god!

I do feel your pain in the search for cats. though... I tried to source out some better performance, CA legal cat setups, and they are hard to find, and almost double the cost!! so I just kept her stock... :mexsmoke:

1BAD9T7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Magnaflow 2.5" universal stainless steel cats on my Yukon... They have been on for the last 2 smogs and it passes great, even with the blower. I think they were around 60 bucks each or so through Summit Racing.

Jason

P.S. I am also in California

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84