Cash for Clunkers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Went to the GMC dealer to look at trading in for a new Sierra Hybrid. Well apparantly my 2000 Yukon doesnt qualify for the incentive to use toward the Sierra. It would go toward a Canyon, Arcadia or some other piece of crap. This is why these greedy dorks are going under.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Nope the Sierra doesn't improve your MPG's by 5 so you don't qualify. I would check the trade in on your Yukon as it may be higher than $4500 anyway.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Haha dude its just the rule, why would you get $4500 off on something that still takes probably real close to the same gas mileage you get now?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
That it true but isn't the Cash for clukers for all companies, not only GM?
But thats like a person with a Tahoe thiking he will get an H2 under the clunker deal, its meant to drag all the Gas guzzling people off and put them in smaller stuff by giving them an incentive ($4500).
Kind of how Hybrid cars get you a tax deduction, not sure about the Hybrid trucks/SUVs though?

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
a friend of mine is the manager of a local nissan dealership and we were talking aobut the clunker trade in....

he explained it to me that any vehicle with a combined mpg greater than 18 mpg will not qualify and if you are lucky like us to have vehicles with combined mpg below 18 mpg then you can trade in your "clunker" for a brand new vehicle that has a combined mpg 10 mpg greater than your vehicle for trade in mpg. The website they use http://www.cars.gov/ then click on the tab for fueleconomy.gov and input your data from there. this is for all new manufacured vehicles...not brand specific.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
That it true but isn't the Cash for clukers for all companies, not only GM?
But thats like a person with a Tahoe thiking he will get an H2 under the clunker deal, its meant to drag all the Gas guzzling people off and put them in smaller stuff by giving them an incentive ($4500).
Kind of how Hybrid cars get you a tax deduction, not sure about the Hybrid trucks/SUVs though?
You get a $2200 tax credit on the Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon my mom just bought one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz