Carfax Cheats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbarnes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, guys!
I have bought a 2013 Tahoe this year, it seemed to be in perfect condition - low mileage, moderate price and CLEAN Carfax.
However, i took it to service recently, because I had concerns over a strange noise in the front. Skipping the details, I was shoked to find out that my car has been restored! It has been in an accident, that crashed its front and rooftop. Now the repair's gonna cost me money, and I can't trust the car no more and the service verdict is not comforting too. They say it's my luck (good or bad - hard to tell), to find this out on such an early stage. Because it could either break down in the middle of the highway, or everything can turn out ok.
Anyway, I am furious with Carfax, there are so many other alternative web-sites, but I went for Carfax, because I thought SUCH a price would mean QUALITY. A friend of mine ran a report for me on epicvin.com, it cost him 3 times less and I finally got to see photos of my car completely crashed, on an auction that was never even enlisted on Carfax.
now my question is :wtf:
If any of you have been in the same situation - please I beg you to tell your story, I am planning to go for carfax buyback, but the whole procedure seems really tricky. So if anyone has experience with that - please contact me

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CarFax (and any other similar site/service) is only as good as those that report such incidents. If it was not reported by the VIN there's no way for CarFax to know it happened. There's MANY ways for people to have these repairs done and it never show up on under a vehicle's history.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a situation like this as well. Carfax was clean, Autocheck showed an accident...years later, the accident finally showed up on Carfax as well.

If the Vehicle owner pays out of pocket to have a repair done, or goes outside of insurance, it's not gonna be on the Carfax, only Reported Events show up on VIN Reports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia