Car sickness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guidrozb1996

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ever since I got my tahoe my 2 year old has been getting car sick. She never did it in my silverado but now it's common on a ride in the Tahoe. Only thing I can think of is it's either the tv or the suspension. Any ideas or remedies on car sickness?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sinus infection. I had one once for a month or so and didn't know it. I was fine 'til I got in a car, then I'd get nauseous.

LOL It really sucked because I was working in Germany at the time. It really cut into my sight-seeing time.

joe

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I got my tahoe my 2 year old has been getting car sick. She never did it in my silverado but now it's common on a ride in the Tahoe. Only thing I can think of is it's either the tv or the suspension. Any ideas or remedies on car sickness?

Start by ruling out the easy stuff. I assume she didn't watch TV in your Silverado? Leave it off in the Tahoe for a while and see if anything changes. My wife and oldest daughter can't focus on anything (reading and/or pics and vids on phones, etc.) while riding without needing to take frequent breaks or they get nauseous.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Start by ruling out the easy stuff. I assume she didn't watch TV in your Silverado? Leave it off in the Tahoe for a while and see if anything changes. My wife and oldest daughter can't focus on anything (reading and/or pics and vids on phones, etc.) while riding without needing to take frequent breaks or they get nauseous.
I bet watching tv is doing it to her.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/2 tablet of dramamine for long trips. My kids would either look out the windows or watch movies to keep from getting sick. However, some of them would get sick in the third row but not the second. When I was a little terror, I sat on the hump between the seats and looked out the front to keep from getting carsick.

OP
OP
G

guidrozb1996

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
She is also doing it in my moms grand am gt and her aunts nissan Altima hatch. Which both dont have TVs and the grand am has performance suspension

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dramamine will make her drowsy. If you want to avoid that try children's meclizine (if they even make it) or 1/2 tablet of adult.

It helped us to have a window seat and be able to see out. My youngest would get sick anywhere in the back seat but never in the front passenger (not middle).

If she takes any vitamin supplements before the trip you might consider stopping them on travel days. Most stomachs do best to have food follow pills so the food pushes the pills past the stomach, making it less likely to get upset.

EDIT: call her pediatrician or your family doctor to get their advise.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She is also doing it in my moms grand am gt and her aunts nissan Altima hatch. Which both dont have TVs and the grand am has performance suspension

IMHO, having only the info presented in this thread, it seems more like something has changed with your daughter than something related to vehicle-changes.

Did she ride with your mom and aunt before?

OP
OP
G

guidrozb1996

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just moved her carseat next to the window when I was home didnt change much but then again the tv is mounted to the headliner I wanted to get some monitors in the head rests instead later