Can't set time on Navigaiton Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How I got here. This past week, my 2007 Tahoe LTZ has been sitting, while I drive summer vehicles. I went to move the truck and noticed that it was starting hard, ended up killing the battery, so I removed the battery that evening, took it and replaced it the next day. So the truck was without power for about 20 hours.

Now my radio works fine, but when I try to set the time there is nothing but blanks, no numbers at all, just the colon. I can switch between 12 hr & 24 hr mode on the screen (at least the buttons lite up like they should), and I can push the buttons for the min and hour, but they do nothing but change the audio. I do not remember if they beep or not. It is very strange, was wondering if anyone else ran into this.

Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now my radio works fine, but when I try to set the time there is nothing but blanks, no numbers at all, just the colon.

Is it possible that you did this in a place where the GPS signal is blocked? Mover her out into the open and try again. If the problem persists, do you have access to a scan tool that can BCM codes? Check all fuses.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was in my Garage... ok, so I will try that next time I pull it out.. I just got a tech 2, but it did not seem to indicate much...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was in my Garage... ok, so I will try that next time I pull it out.. I just got a tech 2, but it did not seem to indicate much...

That's great that you have a Tech2. Once you build the truck, hit F3 (Vehicle Control Systems) and let it run a full scan through all the modules looking for trouble codes. There may be modules that it cannot communicate with. Either there's a problem with that module or it isn't installed. I don't have side blind zone alert, the smart amp or powered running boards for example. Anyhow, write down those modules that show codes and then go into each one and see what they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy