Can you install the GM power liftgate into another tahoe that never had it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well they make them in the pickups, but it's probably much easier to find a ltz and add the z71 features, I and some other members have added the skid plates (I have them on my Denali) because they fit all trim levels, the rest would just be changing the suspension and that is easy enough but the air ride is a nice feature you can lift it and still have air ride you just have to change the ride height sensor rods to longer ones and whatever other adapters are needed and that has been done also.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya that's going to be a tricky one I also wanted the Z71 on my Silverado, that helped narrow it down a bit but some dealers don't even list things correctly, they might say it is one thing but when you look at it's wrong or they just simply do not put Z71 at all but there it is.......
I don't know if there is a Z71 LTZ trim, maybe @swathdiver knows? he will chime in when he see's his tag
Z71s were only available up to the LT trim level. I have seen Z71 Tahoes with the power lift gate.