Can I add this to my car???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I am looking at adding an "Asianwolf Smart Window Rollup module" located here --> Window Rollup to interact with my factory alarm. They are telling me that I need to ensure that the factory alarm has an auxillary output ..... does ours have one so that I can integrate it into the system??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at adding window control to my Tahoe too. Not sure which one I am going to go with yet. I know in older models, pre 2007 you could make all your doors unlock on the first pulse from the key fob unlock and the second pulse you can control your window module. I know the BCM and PCM are much more complex in 07+ models.

I would recommend going with an aftermart remote start/alarm. Much better range on them anyway.

Top Down Technologies is a company that has developed a plug and play module for window automation in the older model GM cars and trucks. I emailed them about two years ago and they told me they where unable to make new models because of GMs new GMLAN control system. I just emailed them back again to check if they have been able to develop anything new.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, where is our alarm control system located anyways? Then someone could take a look at it and see, but I don't think it has any unused outputs.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we all know how it takes two clicks of the key fob to unlock all doors. On the old models there is one wire for each pulse. You just simply cut the second pulse output and wire that to whatever module you plan to operate. Then you splice a jumper wire into the first pulse wire and connect it to the door lock side (of the second pulse wire) that unlocks all of the doors. Now all of your doors will open on the first click of the fob and the second will operate the module of your choice.

Now all we need to know is if that is how it works on the models.

OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
The reason I specifically like the one offered by Asianwolf" called the Smart Window Rollup module is because it has a temp sensor and will automatically lower your windows 1/2" if very warm.

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Well we all know how it takes two clicks of the key fob to unlock all doors. On the old models there is one wire for each pulse. You just simply cut the second pulse output and wire that to whatever module you plan to operate. Then you splice a jumper wire into the first pulse wire and connect it to the door lock side (of the second pulse wire) that unlocks all of the doors. Now all of your doors will open on the first click of the fob and the second will operate the module of your choice.

Now all we need to know is if that is how it works on the models.

Not trying to sound dumb here but having all the doors unlock to get in the driver seat is not the safest thing, thats why its like that.
Someone can be waiting on the other side of you car in a parking lot, and when you open all the doors they will simply jump in a back seat as you innocently leave Walmart or something.
There is no way of knowing because the dome lights turn on even when the car is unlocked, not only when a door is opened.
Just saying, not saying you are careless or anything.

OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I think Zach has the right idea here .... "Well, where is our alarm control system located anyways? Then someone could take a look at it and see, but I don't think it has any unused outputs."

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it is a saftey issue to many. Yaron2- was asking how to intergrate it into the factory system, so that is why I explained how it has been done in the past for many. If you read my first post, I said that I recommend an aftermarket system because they offer better range, more options, and of course the aux. outputs.

Twelvoltz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bcm

The driver's priority unlocking is a feature of the Body Control Module (BCM), as well as the alarm functions. If you read through your owner's manual you will see there are a few options you can change via programming menus but there are no extra channels.

If you would like to control that window module using the factory remotes there are a few options. The one I would recommend is a channel expander. This is a simple interface that actually counts the number of pulses input to it and if it sees the correct number of pulses it will provide an output. As one way to control it you could wire it into one of the door lock actuator wires, then press lock or unlock (whichever you tie it into) the number of times (I normally set it for three) you have it programmed for and it sends out a negative pulse. This is how it 'adds' a channel.

The 450R by DEI is a quality version of this type of module.

I actually used to use one of these modules a few years back, before this type of activation was built into the remote start modules themselves. If anyone is interested I can take a look through the garage and see if I have any left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper