Can I Add factory Navigation ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeonTexas

Reaction score
Tahoe LT didn’t come with Navigation from factory. Is it possible to add Navigation even though it didn’t come equipped with it? Perhaps just buying the SD card map?

txchevy4ever

Reaction score
I believe it's a much larger deal than buying the SD card... does the LT come with Android Auto? If so, you can just use Waze or Google Maps on the headunit.

OP
OP
LeonTexas

LeonTexas

Reaction score
I believe it's a much larger deal than buying the SD card... does the LT come with Android Auto? If so, you can just use Waze or Google Maps on the headunit.

Yes, the head unit is Android auto and apple CarPlay compatible. Really wanted the rear entertainment system and Nav.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If garmin is compatible with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay via garmin app on your phone, it could be done.

I suppose but I use the Garmin because I don't have a smart phone, society at large hates those of us who don't. Perhaps I could qualify as a minority. Of course I'm kidding.

I recently upgraded from a Garmin Nuvi to a Drivesmart 65 and it is truly worth it.

Gibbynd

Reaction score
GM just dropped they are doing an OTA update to download MapsPlus based on the Mapbox platform. Will create factory nav with full features used through the vehicle. Is going out to anyone with connected services through onstar who doesn't have in vehicle nav. Rollout starting 4/30. Good mapsplus and Gm and there are a ton of articles.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I’ve used a bunch of navigation aids in our travels. Just my .02 but the phone apps are head and shoulders above the rest. That’s why I installed a CarPlay compatible head unit in mine.

For offline navigation I’ll use a Garmin. Every built in Nav system from a carmaker comes in a distant third.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What model year? I have factory NAV in both of my Tahoes. Apple Car Play and Garmin GPS are both far superior plus you don’t have to pay $159/year for the factory map updates. I don’t like and never use the factory NAV in either Tahoe. They are definitely inferior to a Garmin stand alone GPS. We’ve tested them side by side and Garmin was far superior every time.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any new answers to the initial question? Possible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt