Can anyone confirm inlet/outlet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The out is really just preference. Some like single out, some like dual out. Unless you have enough pressure where that matters. The problem you are going to have is: That's a really small muffler for this vehicle. That muffler is about half the length its supposed to be for the right muffler. Your out will definitely fit, because there is usually more of the muffler where you are going to put the pipe. You just bought a muffler for a ricer and are putting it behind a V8. My guess is this will be LOUD and DRONEY.

If you are going to try it, My suggestion is use clamps and try it out before you spend time or money welding that on. Get an idea of how it will be. I'm trying to help you waste $90 instead of two to three hundred. Unless you can still return it.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely not a muffler for a ricer lol. I put that on my 08 tahoe and my dad currently has the same one on his 16 silverado and both sounded/sound amazing and zero drone.

as far as the inlet/outlet placement it is really just preference. any good exhaust shop will be able to swap your muffler with that one. me personally tho I always look under the vehicle and match what I have to make the swap easier.

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll have to excuse my lack of knowledge but if I get a single outlet out does that mean the shop can’t make custom piping to run two tips out of each side (dual exhaust)

I’m confused because the stock setup has a dual out then why is it only ran out one side?

Is there a benefit of dual out the muffler but the piping coming out of one side over a single out and piping still coming out of one side

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any good exhaust shop “should” be able to run a single out to both sides. Key word should. As far as why gm did the exhaust that way or if there is a benefit between the two. I have no idea. But just because it’s a dual out doesn’t mean It has to exit on both sides.

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah this exhaust shop is pretty good.

So do u think I will be fine with this muffler I ordered? I did just start to worry that it is a smaller muffler in length

I searched for a proxs model that has a center inlet with dual outlet but I couldn’t find any with 3”. Their all 2.50 so that would be too small

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I had got a little worried running the 14” muffler on these trucks

Seams like everyone has their opinion on it for example I called borla and talked to a representative there and he said that is way too small of a muffler to run on these trucks and he said it will cause some back pressure and loss of low end torque. He said this part number was made for smaller cars. Another muffler shop I called said that it would be probably too small also but when I called my shop back he said he’ll just put an extra piece of pipe and that it should sound great. He said a v8 will never sound like a ricer

Anybody else running or ran a 14” muffler on these?

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I stated before I ran that exact muffler on my 2008 Tahoe 5.3L and my dad is running it on his 2016 Silverado 5.3L and both sounded/sound amazing.

A quick search on YouTube “borla 40359 muffler” and the first 4 videos where full-size gm trucks

OP
OP
Michigan

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I stated before I ran that exact muffler on my 2008 Tahoe 5.3L and my dad is running it on his 2016 Silverado 5.3L and both sounded/sound amazing.

A quick search on YouTube “borla 40359 muffler” and the first 4 videos where full-size gm trucks

Right on. I actually watched those but I still googled or tried finding others that used a 14” on these but couldn’t find any threads. Maybe I’m just silly like that lol

Another question though, as I mentioned I have not cats, would you recommend adding a resonator or no? I’m not sure what the pros and cons are if it but one of the guys at the exhaust shop mentioned it and the other guy did not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick