Dual tailpipe exhaust on 95 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMW468

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a custom dual tailpipe exhaust set up on my 94 K1500. It's a single inlet/dual outlet muffler with dual tailpipes that exit along each side of my tow hitch. It really serves no performance purpose, it just looks cool and adds a nicer sound than stock.

I got my kit on ebay many years ago. I just recently scored a really clean 95 Tahoe and I'd like to install a similar set up but I don't see anything on ebay.

Anyone have a set up like this on their Tahoe or know of a company that makes a set up like this?? I'm guessing that a good performance exhaust shop could make me a custom set up but I like to turn my own wrenches.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

You will get many opinions from folks on this Forum on which exhaust system would be best for you. In past discussion threads, there seemed to be a lot more folks who preferred Magnaflow exhaust systems. There was even some discussion about Magnaflow knock-offs that performed as well as the name brand, but were significantly less expensive.

Folks will chime in with their preferences and perspectives, or maybe even provide a link to existing discussion threads on this topic in the Forum.

I have a Gibson Extreme cat-back dual exhaust system on my Yukon XL and I really like it. It is loud, though, and perhaps too loud for many folks. I believe that Gibson make this model for your Tahoe. Also, I believe that Gibson also makes a Dual Split exhaust system for you Tahoe, which is quieter than my Extreme exhaust system, so you may want to check it out at their web site.

Good luck on your exhaust conversion!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have and like Magnaflow.

I don't think I have ever seen where the 2 tailpipes are on each side of the hitch.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the system your after its going to be custom. heartthrob used to sell the kit you would want but its discontinued as far as i know.

OP
OP
GMW468

GMW468

Reaction score
for the system your after its going to be custom. heartthrob used to sell the kit you would want but its discontinued as far as i know.

I kind of figured that was going to be the case. I checked eBay and they still make cat back kits for the pick ups but not the Tahoe's.

There's a custom exhaust shop not far from me. I'm going to swing by there one day and talk to the guy about my Tahoe. Hopefully he can work something out for me.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its a 4dr it shouldn't be a problem. alot of exhaust shops dont like to do a custom setup like that on a 2dr because the 2 dr gas tank is in the back. the 4dr its just the spare tire location generally. sometimes they will still grief you because of the tire and the heat from the exhaust. just agree to remove the spare tire or tell them to put heat shields in that area. i have several in my area that agreed.to do it as that was going to be my original plan for my 97. i ended up deciding to just get the gibson dual sport and putting that on myself.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lmc truck does list a possible diy option that shouldn't be too hard. its actually for the suburban so it would probably end up being a little longer than you actually need. either in the front or the rear would have to be trimmed to fit your wheelbase everything else should line up.

OP
OP
GMW468

GMW468

Reaction score
lmc truck does list a possible diy option that shouldn't be too hard. its actually for the suburban so it would probably end up being a little longer than you actually need. either in the front or the rear would have to be trimmed to fit your wheelbase everything else should line up.

Cool thanks, I'm gonna look it up.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably end up with something closer to what your after for a reasonable price if there is a reputable exhaust shop near you. id check there for atleast to see what they say and get s quote. if that falls through you could probably get something setup with that heartthrob setup from lmc.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if its a 4dr it shouldn't be a problem. alot of exhaust shops dont like to do a custom setup like that on a 2dr because the 2 dr gas tank is in the back. the 4dr its just the spare tire location generally. sometimes they will still grief you because of the tire and the heat from the exhaust. just agree to remove the spare tire or tell them to put heat shields in that area. i have several in my area that agreed.to do it as that was going to be my original plan for my 97. i ended up deciding to just get the gibson dual sport and putting that on myself.

In my case, I did have to remove the spare tire, in order to install the Gibson Extreme cat-back dual exhaust system on my Yukon XL. It was not a surprise, however, as the Gibson literature stated this requirement for my year/model of truck. I thought about my previous Yukon, which I had for 5 years, in which the spare tire release mechanism was rusted frozen for the entire time that I owned the truck, and I never had the need to use the spare tire (which I could not have used, anyway). It is a risk, but I chose to accept the risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues