C0242 ghost code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 Tahoe LT

Pass side air shock pooped and I replaced it with the new one.
Immediately I had ABS/traction off/service stabiulitrack warning.
Truck drives fine. Like - real fine
I hooked up my ABS scanner and it pulled C0242 code.
Deleted code, rescanned the system, scanners says - no DTC stored, scanned several times - same, no DTC, and I scanned for Tahoe specific ABS codes - warning is still there. Severla restarts didn't change anything.
Any ideas? I don't have a fancy scanner to get in depth scan. And buddy, that has one, is closed.
Truck is daily driver, I don't want to get caught with dreaded reduced performance situation, like I had about a month ago because of the bad throttle body. Yes, new throttle body, Hitachi and MAF about a month ago.
Thank you

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trace the wheel speed sensor wire back and I think it has a connector near the shock tower that you can check to see if it was knocked loose or is making a bad connection.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed it
Rescanned again, C0242 was gone but rear wheel sensor code popped up
I knocked off sensor plug when removing or re inserting top shock bolt. Those, who did it, know, how tight the spot is and sensor connector is right under the bolt.
Rides VERY nice now. On the old shock, entire air bag dropped down on the shock, knocking on the lower mount on every bump. C-clamp at the bottom of the air bag housing came loose and it all dropped down.
This is what the good shock looks like and, below it, bad one:
20221124_100308.jpg

20221124_100245.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, like @Fless said and I would have said, go back and check what you JUST DID. Most of the time, that is where the problem is. Hell, even after all my years doing this, I have done things with my big hands that created another problem and went back and found. I have learned to check and double check as I reassemble. This is after doing a heater core years ago and had to do a 1/2 disassemble to find a heater door cable/connector that I messed up on.