Bye bye Denali.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I've loved owning my '09 Denali, once I got over 90K miles it started getting really expensive to repair everything that's gone bad. Front diff carrier bearings, rear air shocks and compressor, nav head unit. And just 3 weeks ago at 104K miles the transfer case needed the drive chain and gears replaced ($1,900) and 2 of the shift solenoids in the trans. Fortunately my extended warranty picked up all the charges but it expires next month so I didn't want any more expenses. What's so surprising is that I'd done 2 trans services and had the diff and transfer case fluids changed each time. All dealer service with GM fluids.

So I traded it for a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit turbodiesel. So far so good. What I most like is that the average fuel economy on my daily commute has gone from 12.5-13 mpg on premium (2.89 here in IL right now) to 25 mpg on diesel at 1.89. And I've gotten 29 at 75-80 on the highway. So I'll cut my fuel costs in half.

This has been a great forum, good people here. Have to find a similar forum for the JGC now.

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised you would have replaced your Denali after getting all that work done. Very cool that your getting a Jeep. Cheers!:waytogo:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer to see the Denali go. But the Jeep grand Cherokee is a badass ride. I have a close family friend with a 2014 overland summit package and a 5.7L hemi. Its a beast and is pretty fun to drive with all its bells and whistles. My Mom just picked a 2011 limited with 73k on the clock and it's still pretty sweet. Cool cars. If like one one day in addition to my Denali haha.

OP
OP
T

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wanted a turbodiesel SUV for several years, too bad GM won't give us what Jeep, BMW, VW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche will. Came close to a VW Touareg turbodiesel but with the impending recall I chose to go the Jeep route. Didn't need the big SUV size anymore, or the 13 mpg. Jeep fit the need perfectly.

Interestingly the turbodiesel uses the same ZF 8 speed automatic as the Grand Cherokee SRT as well as the VW/ Audi turbodiesels.

But I will miss the instant 6.2 response and the simplicity of the Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts