Buying Used

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what's in inventory. Gives a small glimpse into what's going on. With that said the lm2 has been out since late 2019. And have not heard much if anything in terms of catastrophic failure or premature/mature oil belt failure.

But you can read about gas failures all day long.

i view it as a glimpse into the percentage of diesels vs gas units going down the road in tahoes/yukons. if nothing else, it's the percentage of 2024 models. 21/22 models they were rare as all get out. seems like the past 6-9 months GM has finally caught up on production of their baby diesels. that's all i'm inferring.

as someone that has driven a diesel truck for the past 30yrs, very few catastrophic failures really ever occur (insert 6.0 comment here) - past 10yrs it all emission crap these days

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most problematic??? Just not true. The lifter and main bearings in the 2021+ are the most problematic engine ever to come from GM hands down. Service departments and parts department cant keep up. They are packed with warranty. I have two friends who are GM techs and I ask them about everything we see here. Told me if i want gas dont get anything past a 2020 and delete it in the tune. 2021+ a big no go as per them. So we bought a 2018 Escalade and did an AFM delete in the tune. The 3.0 is very reliable and most have zero issues. He told me of several known issues regarding my 2021 3.0 . Said some are a real pain to diagnose but overall they are a solid motor. ALL modern diesels have issues due to emissions. Some more than others. But its just a general consensus of 3.0 owners its a great powertrain. Many guys well over 100K and not one warranty issue. These gas motors are eating cams at 7K. Saw a brand new escalade in his bay last week...bottom end shot...two months old! If you have had problems with 20 variants of diesels....your the first person I have heard say that. 20 diesels and all were a problem??? Most 3.0 owners get another one or holding onto theirs. Yes few have had issues......but its few.
Right now today,
in the garage we have 3 6.2's and and 3 3.0's, across denali suv's and pickups.

none of the 6.2's have had any warranty issues on the powertrains
all of the 3.0's have had warranty issues (bad turbo, oil seals leaking, emissions issues, etc)

for me, the 3.0's are absolutely problematic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel