Burned spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye on the ACDeco 41-962 double platinum I installed 10 mths ago from Amazon $45

I got mine from an individual on eBay. They looked legit by the pics in the ad but I had him send me others with close-ups. I have about 16K on 'em. I should pull a couple to check up. Maybe I'll pull #8 and take pics to show that it's not as bad as it's made out to be if you use different, but still tool-box-standard tools on it.

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went to change the plugs the first time after I bought the vehicle, I found a mix of 41-985 and 41-110. I vaguely remember one or both of those #'s having a little disc of a different metal attached to the ground electrode directly above the center electrode. The replacement 41-110's didn't have that little disc on the ground electrode. I thought it was curious, but I didn't think too much more about it. I paid attention to the drivability for a while, and when nothing funky occurred, I forgot about it. I'm glad I thought to check them when I did.

I will be sure to pull one or two of these plugs at 5k and 10k to see how they're doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons