Buffeting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roggss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody here experienced buffeting (pressure on my ear) at a highway speed (windows are closed)?

2021 Yukon Denali XL

Last edited:

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a 2021 Yukon? This was a well known issue with the previous generation 2015-2020, but have not heard it mentioned with the 2021's yet.

OP
OP
R

roggss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a 2021 Yukon? This was a well known issue with the previous generation 2015-2020, but have not heard it mentioned with the 2021's yet.

Yes, 2021 (i will update my post).

Not so clear to me if its buffeting though, but slight pressure in my ear., or this is just the feel of having a big suv.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you really like the vehicle and it bothers you then you could try closing off some of the rear air vents, this will make more pressure when you shut the door but may alleviate the driving pressure. just an idea to try

OP
OP
R

roggss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you really like the vehicle and it bothers you then you could try closing off some of the rear air vents, this will make more pressure when you shut the door but may alleviate the driving pressure. just an idea to try

Let me try that. Thanks for the idea.

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 2021 (i will update my post).

Not so clear to me if its buffeting though, but slight pressure in my ear., or this is just the feel of having a big suv.
Does your Denali have a sunroof?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup. ear pressure is related to buffeting issue.
yours is 1st case i have read for new platform T1xx ('21+)

& fyi, sun roof has nothing to do w/ it ;)

GM doesnt really know how to resolve

there is no 1 fix :(

lots of things seem to play off each other... similar to tolerance stacking

make sure to road force balance the tires, as OEM tires can have more issues
have dealer check adhesive on roof reinforcements bars , inside above headliner

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I am experiencing the same thing, that buffeting noise from outside. I have. 2015 Suburban PPV. Almost seems like your drivers door is not closed all the way. I thought that maybe the weatherstripping was worn out ? I was going to try and fish some small vinyl tubing into the large tubular hole throughout the weatherstripping to see if I can make it stand out more, and see if that helps, but I ran out of warm weather before the snow hit Canada. Anyone else have any ideas, or has replaced the weatherstripping ? It is kind of irritating.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am experiencing the same thing, that buffeting noise from outside. I have. 2015 Suburban PPV. Almost seems like your drivers door is not closed all the way. I thought that maybe the weatherstripping was worn out ? I was going to try and fish some small vinyl tubing into the large tubular hole throughout the weatherstripping to see if I can make it stand out more, and see if that helps, but I ran out of warm weather before the snow hit Canada. Anyone else have any ideas, or has replaced the weatherstripping ? It is kind of irritating.

Sometimes the doors might not be hung the right way. On the 16 Tahoe I had, if I looked up at the top inside door jamb I could see some daylight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman