Brush Guard (and Possibly Roof Rack)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a Tahoe a little over a month ago and I'm looking to get a brushguard for it. I want to do it to protect the front end, and, well, to make it look badass. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where/what brand to get? Also, can anyone explain how to install a brush guard? I assume you remove the front tow hooks and essentially slide the brushguard in there like you would attach something to the rear hitch, but that's just my assumption.

The Tahoe is Burgundy with tan interior and I'm looking for a black brushguard. Here's a picture:
SLmMc.jpg

And here's a picture of a truly badass Tahoe with a brushguard like what I would like:
Ea0CM.jpg
In fact, I think that black Tahoe might actually be from a post on this forum. Anyone recognize it?

In addition to the brushguard, what are your thoughts on a roof rack like the one on the black Hoe? Any idea of price/where to buy/difficulty of installation? I assume I'd have to buy/install the cross-bars before I could even put that sort of basket-type roof rack on my truck.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a guy here that looks similar too and westin always makes good products but are normally a little expensive, yes brushgaurd install is very easy and even easier if you buy a one piece brushgaurd vs a modular unit which you have to assemble b4 you put it on (still easy as tighting bolts) , ive never done one on a NNBS truck but im sure they are the same , also if you would still like to keep your towhooks you might have to buy longer bolts then the ones supplied, I had to do this but NNBS might be different

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops, I think I meant to post this thread in the General section.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your fine and i believe that members truck is UofMZ71 look him up and he has more pictures for you

jcorby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would recommend going with the Ranch Hand Grille Guard. Seen on my Tahoe Attached. I believe that the guard in your previous picture is the Westin 40-2115. That is the guard I originally had on and is now just taking up space in the garage. It looked nice, however was not very practical if actually put to use.

Attachments

• IMG_2901.jpg
    IMG_2901.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 74

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ranch hands are better quality and are meant to work however they do raise the cost and weight quite a bit

jcorby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is definitely heavier, however my Tahoe still sits level with the CCM and Ranch Hand. Also you might want to look at Frontier Grille Guards. They are alot like the Ranch Hands but should be a little lighter.

linehaul

Reaction score
while its more of a grille guard than brushguard, i like the Go_Rhino stuff. Most Law encforcement vehicles run them.

003-11.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts