Broken Tie Rod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was actually about to round up spare parts when I started looking at Kryptonite . I'm all for keeping it simple, but in the back of my mind I'm afraid of collateral damage if and when a tie rod decides to call it a day. That could end up costing a lot more, like front diff stuff, ya know? You guys are probably right though.
Typically, the only way you suffer something catastrophic is at speed but if you are crawling or going slow enough, the loss of steering is the damage. I used to own a 73 Blazer that was set up for rock crawling and had one ton set ups front and rear. The only steering component that ever broke while I was doing knarly stuff was the attaching bolts that attached the special adaptor block to account for the lift, at the driver's side steering knuckle. I was able to tighten the remaining bolts and get off the trail and back to camp.

OP
OP
DirtDigler

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I should be more concerned with ball joints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7