Broken off 4WD Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Hi

My 4wd have worked on and have tryed several times to get the actuator of the truck but it have been stuck like nothing I have ever seen before.
Have bought tool after tool, and even have cut out a key on my work but not success to get it of my truck.
Today I did buy 2 plumber's wrench, one oil filter tool maid from a chain, one plumber chain wrench and one bicycle chain. Have earlier on bought two other plumber wrenches but didn't work at all, those was American style.

Anyway now the Actuator did break off and was looking for some advice how to get out the remaining part. Everything down from the hexnut are still in the axle.

Do you guys have any good ideas or even worked on a broken off 4WD Actuator?

Sorry for my bad spelling, are in a hurry so did post this in the fly. :)

Thanks. :)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hi

My 4wd have worked on and have tryed several times to get the actuator of the truck but it have been stuck like nothing I have ever seen before.
Have bought tool after tool, and even have cut out a key on my work but not success to get it of my truck.
Today I did buy 2 plumber's wrench, one oil filter tool maid from a chain, one plumber chain wrench and one bicycle chain. Have earlier on bought two other plumber wrenches but didn't work at all, those was American style.

Anyway now the Actuator did break off and was looking for some advice how to get out the remaining part. Everything down from the hexnut are still in the axle.

Do you guys have any good ideas or even worked on a broken off 4WD Actuator?

Sorry for my bad spelling, are in a hurry so did post this in the fly. :)

please post a photo of the axle with the part broke off in it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Need pictures as @George B noted.

From the description, it sounds like your front differential actuator is broken off, but I can't tell if the plastic hex is still there. This fella has a few tips:

In addition, if the plastic threads are all that are left, and they're still in the diff, careful use of a heat gun and something to pry and deform the plastic might work.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Need pictures as @George B noted.

From the description, it sounds like your front differential actuator is broken off, but I can't tell if the plastic hex is still there. This fella has a few tips:

In addition, if the plastic threads are all that are left, and they're still in the diff, careful use of a heat gun and something to pry and deform the plastic might work.
I was going to suggest cutting it into four quarters with a hack saw blade and busting it out in pieces.

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Million thanks guys. Did see now I didn't make any sense but it's exactly like in the video, everything down from the nut are still in and the nut with the motor are broken off. :)

Will give the advice from the video a try this week if I find any time.
I will keep you updated if I do any progress or not.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spray with some penetrating oil, let sit for a day, repeat. needs time to creep into threads.

if that doesn’t allow fixture to loosen, apply heat gradually until it loosens.

must be aware of surroundings when using heat so that you don’t melt something.

for this example (plastic, wires/connectors in close proximity) i would use a heat gun with 2 or more settings.

for metal on metal (nuts & bolts) i have most success with a small propane torch setup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA