Broken Intake Valve from Valve Float 6.2L L92?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Im not looking for power i just to liven up the truck. I got the truck cam because i do want a choppy sound but nothing that needs a higher stall. Its a dad-mobile pretty much so just want it to have that "cool" factor but definitely i think it might need a tune after a cam
You'll def need a tune after a cam install to reap the benefits of the install.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Is the stage 2 cam a one or three bolt camshaft ? Vvt delete ?

I've been debating on the camshaft swap, and also dont want to get in to a bigger stall. I want it to pull from Down low like it does now. It seems like the rpm's hang around 1500 to 2000 just normal driving. It's my weekend toy hauler and family hauler.

This past weekend I just installed btr springs, lifters and done a little head work while I had them off. Just trying to decide on which cam. To many options -vvt or not ? One or three bolt? The ls2 tensioner is a good upgrade while you have the chain off. And I wonder if it will start and drive after the cam install, so you can get it to the tuner?
It should be a 3 bolt, mine is nonvvt so i dont have to worry about a delete. I hadnt though about a tensioner.....do they go bad or what are the benefits? That is a question i also have. I can install all the parts but will it cranck and be drivalbe enough ti get to a tuner?

Dannydean

Reaction score
Not sure what all the benefits are but I have heard they were better than the tensioner style that have been know to break. That that's the question I have also. after installing the new cam would it be driveable enough to get to the tuner?

SPDMETL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I had this problem, the #7 Intake valve was stretched and bent...necessity required putting more than a thousand miles pulling a trailer after the damage. A p
Pennsylvania dealership found a dead plug and zero compression in #7, but it held oil pressure and didn't overheat. When I pulled it down at home, I found this and this. If you look at that intake valve, at about 4 o'clock you can see how it's not concentric to the seat. Sorry, the standing-valve-looking-like-leaning-tower-of-pisa picture is lost. Replaced that valve and seal, slapped it together (carefully) and got 190 PSI in that cylinder. Runs smooth and quiet several thousand miles later. 147K on it. Don't forget new TTY head bolts!IMG_1654.JPG 54190714_2298284980445554_3024161115350237184_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21