Broken exhaust manifold bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick from minnesota

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
reguarding broken exhaust bolts

in regards to broken exhaust bolts there is a simple fix available that Ive used myself on my suburban over a year ago that to this day has not failed. the part is the "Origional KAP" on the website www.kralautoparts.com one of the bolts in the other corner i was able to extract and replace at the time but just noticed recently that it had broke so i actually plan to order another bracket, they seem to apply adequate pressure while allowing the manifold to expand and contract which is what i believe is breaking these bolts off. enjoy your results as i have

rv8pilot

Reaction score
There is a great product used by the aircraft repair industry in loosening frozen exhaust studs in aluminum heads called Aero Kroil. Its the best penetrating oil I have found. Hilco Lube is also good.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford V-10 exhaust manifold studs/nuts work well for replacing bolts. Something like 10 foot-pounds of torque on the studs, then the proper torque on the nuts. No possibility of spalling of the aluminum threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr